Scholarship deadline: May 1
The purpose of the Graduate Fellowship is to recognize, encourage, and reward graduate students who demonstrate the highest levels of academic and personal achievement and have the potential to become active alumni who will support Towson University and contribute to their communities.
One scholarship for $1000.00 will be awarded annually.
The selected recipient or a designee is expected to attend a recognition event in the fall.
Students may apply for this scholarship each year they are enrolled at Towson University, as long as they meet the criteria for the Graduate Fellowship.
The following requirements must be met to be eligible for the scholarship:
Applicants for the fellowship must be admitted to a graduate program or graduate level class at Towson University and enrolled for the fall term (this includes full-time, part-time certificate, non-degree, and degree seeking students enrolled in the Graduate School). Applicants must have completed a minimum of 6 units of graduate course work at Towson University within the last two years and have a GPA of 3.50 or higher.
Along with the completed application form, applications must include:
- A resume detailing extracurricular activities, community service and employment
- An official graduate school transcript (must be received by the Alumni Office in a sealed envelope)
- A letter of recommendation from a Towson University faculty member on letterhead or from their Towson University e-mail account.
- A one-page essay on the topic: “How will your education and career preparation at Towson University help you to serve as an active alumna/us?”
- Applications and Deadline
- Applications must be fully completed in order to be considered. All applications must be neatly printed in black ink or typed, submitted in a sealed envelope, and postmarked no later than May 1.
All applications can be obtained in the Office of Alumni Relations by calling 410-704-2234 or 800-887-8152.
Please mail applications to:
Office of Alumni Relations
ATTN: Awards and Recognition Committee
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252
A scholarship committee appointed by the Alumni Association Board of Directors will select the recipients.
Award and Recognition
Recipients will be notified in June. The scholarship amount will be transferred directly into the recipient’s university account, with the exception of graduating TU seniors.