Scholarship deadline: May 2
The purpose of the Graduate Fellowship is to recognize, encourage, and reward graduate students who demonstrate the highest levels of academic and personal achievement and have the potential to become active alumni who will support Towson University and contribute to their communities.
- One scholarship for $1000.00 will be awarded annually.
- The selected recipient or a designee is expected to attend a recognition event in the fall.
Applicants must be:
- Applicants must be admitted to a graduate program or graduate level class at Towson University and enrolled for the fall term (this includes full-time, part-time certificate, non-degree, and degree seeking students enrolled in the Graduate School)
- Applications must have completed a minimum of 6 units of graduate course work at Towson University within the last two years
- Have a GPA of 3.50 or higher
Applications and Deadline
Along with a completed application form, applications must include:
- A resume detailing extra-curricular activities, community service and employment
- An official college transcript (must be received by the Alumni Office in a sealed envelope)
- A letter of recommendation from a Towson University faculty member on letterhead or from their Towson University e-mail account
- A typed essay of one page on the topic "How will your education and career preparation at Towson University help you to serve as an active alumna/us?"
Award applications must be fully completed in order to be considered. All applications must be neatly printed in black ink or typed, submitted in a sealed envelope, and postmarked no later than May 2.
Please mail applications to:
Office of Alumni Relations
ATTN: Awards and Recognition Committee
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252
A scholarship committee appointed by the Alumni Association Board of Directors will select the recipient.
Award and Recognition
Recipients will be notified in June. The scholarship amount will be transferred directly into the recipient's university account with the exception of graduating TU seniors.