Distinguished Alumni and Deans' Recognition Awards
The Distinguished Alumni and Deans Recognition Awards are the highest honors presented by the Towson University Alumni Association on an annual basis in the spring. This competitive program honors those alumni who have attained notable achievements or made a lasting contribution in his or her career field. Descriptions of award categories are listed below. The deadline to submit nominations for these awards is December 15th. Click here to submit a nomination for this awards program.
- Distinguished Alumni Award: This award is presented to one alumna/us, over the age of 32, from any college or major at TU who exhibits continued professional development and lifetime success in his/her field. Past recipients include entrepreneurs, government officials and corporate business leaders. We are seeking alumni who have a high professional profile, a connection to their alma mater and a sense of giving back to their community.
- Distinguished Young Alumni Award: A young alumnus/a, ages 32 or under, whose achievements in his/her field or vocation received favorable recognition. A young alumnus/a who has received honors from the Alumni Association, employers or whose work has been proven beneficial to society.
- Deans' Recognition Awards: One award is presented annually to an alumnus from each of the following colleges at TU: College of Business and Economics, College of Fine Arts and Communications, College of Liberal Arts, College of Education, The Jess and Mildred Fisher College of Science and Mathematics, and College of Health Professions. Alumni are recognized for their professional growth and accomplishments.
2017 Awards Presentation Video Links:
Twenty Tigers in Their Twenties
Volunteer Recognition Awards
The purpose of the Volunteer Recognition Awards to provide recognition to Towson alumni, faculty and staff who have directly impacted the Towson community through their volunteer efforts. Five awards are presented at an annual banquet in the fall. Descriptions of each award are listed below. The deadline to submit nominations for these awards is June 30th. Click here to submit a nomination for this awards program.
- Spirit of the University Award: Honors a TU graduate or non-graduate who has directly influenced and touched Towson University alumni, students and the university community. This is our most prestigious volunteer award.
- Alumni Association Volunteer Service Award: Honors an Alumni Association board member who provides special service to the Alumni Association.
- Faculty and Staff Alumni Volunteer Service Award: Honors one faculty and one staff member who works diligently toward the alumni effort and provides exemplary service to the university community in general.
- University Alumni Volunteer Service Award: Recognizes a graduate who volunteers time, talent, or resources to the university and its community.
- Athletic Alumni Volunteer Service Award: This award honors a person who has worked diligently toward the cultivation of alumni through athletic events, athletic programs and/or the promotion and recognition of our athletic teams.
Nominate a young alumnus/a for this year’s Twenty Tigers in Their Twenties. The Alumni Association would like to recognize young alumni whose achievements and contributions have positively impacted their profession, community or Towson University.
Nominations can be made by family members, former classmates, co-workers or professional connections. Please tell us why the nominee should be considered for the award. You may upload and additional document that you would like to add to your nomination form.
The nomination criteria and nomination form is available at www.tutigertracks.com/20TigersNomination